Thursday, May 14, 2009

Frown

When my parents moved into their current house, there was my room with a double bed, my brother's room with two single beds used for the guest room and my sister moved into her own apartment with her furniture. Now that the three of us are out of the house, this arrangement leaves three beds too many 360 days a year. But every year at Christmas, I have to give up my bed for my sister and her husband, because nothing punches you in the face and yells, "YOU'RE SINGLE AND UNLOVED AT THE HOLIDAYS!" than literally being kicked out of your own bed on Christmas Eve.

One of these years I'm getting off the couch and unwrapping everyone's presents.

That's generally my saddest single-girl day of the year, but today may surpass that.

I just wanted to look at pictures of cake. A friend of mine is getting married and is registered on some wedding site, which is also home to numerous pretty pictures of sweet, sweet cake. Since I'm a person who DVRs Ace of Cake (what up, Duff?), I consider myself an aficionado of cake culture, I just wanted to look at the pretty designs.

Well, that wasn't to be. I clicked on a picture and the site told me I had to not only log in, but also give them my wedding info. I got rejected from looking at pictures of cake. Rejected from cake!

I got cake blocked.

6 comments:

Jacob said...

I swear I've seen that cake on TV. My wife is also a fan of Ace of Cakes and when she watches them and I'm in the room, I don't mind watching. He and his staff remind me a lot of myself and people I tend to be friends with, ignoring the fact that I have very few friends outside of my wife with any artistic ability.

And that was a hilarious post.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Thanks! I googled "wedding cakes" and this one came up like three times. I might get a Kate cake for my next birthday.

BitterIsBetter said...

That's wrong on *so* many levels.

Courtney said...

That cake is all kinds of wrong.

Have you ever seen the blog Cake Wrecks? Check it out; it's hilarious.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Cake Wrecks?!?!?! I'm so excited!

Red said...

Hee! Cakeblocked.