Friday, October 30, 2009

Too dumb to be handed something for free





There's a new Sephora makeup store that was set to open in my neighborhood this morning. Excitedly, I hustled over, hoping to be one of the first 100 people (Ok, first 100 girls) so I could get a free gift card.

I rolled up early enough that the line was barely 20 deep and waited patiently, with visions of sugar plum colored lip gloss dancing in my head. Promptly at 9 the line started moving, and I shuffle along, following the girl in front of me ... right into Barnes & Noble.

That's right. The Sephora line - 300 people deep – was around the corner. I'd gotten into the everyday line for the bookstore.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Well, if it was 300 people deep, you wouldn't have gotten free makeup anyway. Bummer.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

But I also wouldn't have wasted an hour of my life. :-(