Thursday, July 05, 2007

Screw you, J.J. Abrams

Pretend it's like three years ago as I ask you this: Have you seen this show called Lost? Dear God.

I've actually intentionally been avoiding it, because I knew this would happen. I knew I would get way too hooked for my own good, and the good of those around me.

Like my dear friend Taylor—whose wife banned all Halloween candy from their house after he made himself sick—I have what you might call "an addictive personality."

This happened with the legendary Law & Order SVU binge of '04, and some say I've never been the same since. I watched all of Lost season 1 (seven discs!) in about three days. I have binged, my friends, and I regret nothing.

This is the kind of show where it's 3 a.m., you're groggy and about to turn the TV off, but then a polar bear runs out of the tropical jungle. No mere moral could resist watching the next episode. A polar bear! In the jungle! Someone 'splain me that? Between the bear that will haunt my dreams forever, there's also a hatch that likely goes to hell itself. And this guy Ethan who's so creepy that I'll likely punch on sight the next Ethan I meet.

I will also punch the next polar bear I see, so watch your little back, Knut.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, Kate, I'm with you. I've been addicted to Lost since day 1.

Lots of people have lost interest and stopped watching, but they'll be sorry when it ends up being the awesomest show ever. You just wait.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Totally. I heard season 2 is a little dull in comparison, but I DON'T CARE. It's still gotta be better than everything on TV except The Office.

Red said...

I simultaneously understand and am scared for you. I didn't get addicted until season 2... and then they (literally, ironically) lost me, amidst all the bullshit and unresolved issues. It's like Days of Our Lives and Stefano never dies. Now it's been ages since I've looked back and I understand it's still a freakin' ongoing show. Bottom line? TURN BACK. While there's still time!