Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Office eve!




Do you know what tonight is????

It's Office eve, the blessed night before Dunder Mifflin returns to sell us paper products. The paper products of life. I think it's a metaphor.

My office ficus is decorated with Post-its and my in box is hung by the chimney with care. Will Michael cook his foot again on his George Foreman grill? Will Ryan dodge Kelly again? Will Dwight become a Lakawana County volunteer sheriff again? And Pam and Jim, OHMIGAH! PAM AND JIM!

It was a long summer of yelling at the TV and punching the wall whenever CSI: Flurbenville or Deal or No Deal came on. ("But you don't even have to answer a question!?!?" "Pick number 6!" "No deal, Wanda, no deal!!!")

I've been brushing up with the release of the Season 2 DVD last week. As my friend Jacob put it "...the second season of The Office DVD is the funniest thing in history, funnier than that bear falling out of a tree onto a trampoline." Until now, that bear had been the best thing of the year. He bounces so high.

DVD extras make life worth living. God help me, I love a good blooper real. I'm not sure why it's so appealing to watch actors crack themselves up, but it just doesn't get old. And commentaries! The Office is full of "it was so funny, because it was actually really hot that day but we had to pretend to be cold" and "the girl who plays Angela is nothing like that in real life." I was enraptured. I took notes.

And the fake PSAs are insanely funny, expounding on jellybeans and weddings with all the seriousness that the Law & Order and Scrubs casts talk about literacy and building racial tolerance.

It's almost enough to ease the pain of my dearly departed Arrested Development. (RIP, gone too soon). But that's just my brain playing tricks on me. Sorry, illusions.

2 comments:

Jacob Bennett said...

Let me describe the perfect date. I take her out to a nice dinner. She looks amazing. Some guy tries to hit on her. Now he wants to fight. So I grab him, I throw him into a jukebox. Then the other ninja's got a knife. He comes at me, we grapple, I turn his knife on him. Blood on the dance floor. She's scared now. I take her home, I'm holding her in my arms. I reach in for a kiss. I hear something in the leaves. I flip her around; she gets a poison arrow right in her back. She was in on it the whole time. But I knew.

Red said...

Best... quote... EVER. "The other ninja!"