Friday, June 08, 2007

Kate can't math



The last time I voluntarily did math was 1987 when I was trying to calculate how many more teeth I’d have to lose before I could afford that sweet My Little Pony I had my eye on. (Answer: At a quarter a tooth, I’d have to start knocking teeth out of my sister’s mouth. But she could look at Butterscotch all she wanted while I braided her mane!)

The last time I did math under duress was an unfortunate run-in with an 8 a.m. math class my freshman year of college. I think I was thinking it'd be better to get it out of the way early? Who knows. College was a crazy time!

In short, I don’t think the restaurant is being patronizing when they offer tip amounts in various percentages. I will pretty much accept any number that Chase says is in my account. I’d still count on my fingers if it were socially acceptable.

So it almost pains me that I never came up with any of these math test answers. I mean, seriously. It's like they say that when you go blind your hearing gets better. I think when you're math-tarded this happens:





2 comments:

-R- said...

In the ocean liner question, is the problem solver's name Jathen???

My calculus teacher was my good friend's dad. I did the best I could on the final before Christmas, but I knew most of my answers were wrong, so I wrote my teacher a humorous note at the end of the final asking him to take pity on me. I was such a suck up.

Red said...

This is totally hilarious. If I still had to do math, I'd be putting many an elephant in the way.