Monday, February 04, 2008

18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1! 18-1!

Oh my God the Super Bowl, y’all!

That should really be the New York Times headline today. They had a typo with: “Making Most of 2nd Chance, Giants Seize Patriots’ Day.”

Oops. When it’s the Kate Times I’ll fix it in the archives.

After the GREATEST GAME EVER ended, I called my dad and congratulated him like he was Eli Manning. Actually, he was a great unsung hero of the game, having stayed up until the 9 p.m. finish despite having to work at 4 a.m. And the good listeners of NPR are very lucky the Giants won or today’s morning show would have just been An Hour of Stony Silence with Joe.

Also, after the last touchdown, someone at the bar yelled out "Tom Brady needs to be a better father!"

The Yankees haven’t delivered in the three years I’ve lived in New York (ahem, Derek Jeter) and the war hasn’t been wrapped up yet (ahem, George Bush) so I haven’t been able to publicly celebrate with people. It was like V-J Day in Times Square out there. People were honking and hugging in the street and I quickly reached my high-five quota for the year (8). (Don't try to high five me for the rest of the year.)

Then I overturned a car for no reason. I was just that happy.

6 comments:

Mickey said...

Yeah, f the Pats.

Courtney said...

I had no idea you were such a big football fan. I mean, sure, hand out a few high-5s here and there, but to overturn a car? That's devotion.

Red said...

Bandwagon-jumping only when they beat Boston... you're a true New York sports fan now, girl. When will you be recording a demo with Diddy? :)

Jacob said...

Your dad works for NPR? I listen to NPR because where I live it's either that or country music and I hate country music from my lifetime.

Mickey said...

That Barb Michelen is always on her way to the airport! Such a busy lady. It's so nice that she finds time to leave helpful comments. I think I love her.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Mickey: I know, right? We need to all thank her for her concern despite her busy schedule.

Courtney: It was just a Volkswagon, no need to be too impressed.

Red: I'll be able to as soon as I walk to Queens to get him some cheesecake.

Jacob: Yep. Free totebag is in the mail.

Barb: THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! I LIKE YOU THE BEST OF ALL MY FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS THINKING OF OTHERS, EVEN WHEN YOU'RE RUSHING OFF TO THE AIRPORT.