Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Excerpts from Kate! the musical



Some real-life moments I'll use in a play or allegory or something someday.


Scene:

A boy and girl, mid-20s, sit at a bar on a first date.

Boy: My friend was in that NBC page program, like on 30 Rock.
Girl: Oh yeah? I knew a girl doing that, like a year ago.
Boy: What does she do for NBC now?
Girl: I dunno. Last time I saw her she was getting her hair cut on the Today Show.


Scene:

New mom talks to her babysitter before leaving for work.

Mom: Our doorman asked me yesterday if you were Russian.
Girl: Uhhh…I like vodka, but nope.
Mom: I didn’t think so. I mean your last name and everything. And you don’t look Russian.
Girl: Yeah, that’s odd.
Mom: I thought so too, but he’s Russian and I realized he can’t think of a better compliment.

5 comments:

Red said...

Mom probably saved you from his fumbling attempt to ask you on a date.

Mickey said...

Russians are funny.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Heh, yep, Mickey, I'm pretty sure the Soviets are known for their humor.

Red - He did actually run up to me yesterday afternoon and said "You girl. Where you parents come from?"

Untrainable said...

You mentioned the Bronx, right?

Mickey said...

Cool. He's putting the moves on. Gotta give a guy credit for putting it out there like that. He sounds a little xenophobic, though. What's wrong with a nice American girl, after all?