Thursday, May 01, 2008

An open letter to American Idol


Hey American Idol!

Wazzupwitchu? How are the kids these days? Good, good. And David Archuleta? Puberty any day now, right? Totally.

Listen, you know I don't watch you. I have my reasons. But I caught a commerical your "singers" did last night for one of your sponsors, Ford.

Quick comment: The song was about cleaning up pollution or something. Whatevs. Earth blah blah. Anyway, David Cook sang and the leaves went back on the tree. That's not really cleaning up the Earth so much as it is reversing time.

I say this as someone who has been punched in the face by springtime: Every spring brings new leaves, new flowers and new allergens. Don't panic. It's natural to feel guilty, but don't blame yourself. You may pollute the air, but I guarantee this one’s not your fault good Will Hunting. It's not your fault.

Every year the trees will grow and lose leaves. This isn't something Ford needs to concern itself with. It happens every fall as part of the trees' natural rhythms. Don't worry though. It may not stay green all winter, but I promise, come spring the leaves will come back.

Look out your window! It could even be happening right now!

Keep it real,

Kate

P.S. Just admit you need Soul Patrol to come back. You can't top that Guy Smiley magic

No comments: