Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yum-o!


My ongoing one-sided feud with Rachel Ray continues. She’s having a ranch dressing week on her show. Ranch. Dressing. Week.

First of all: Fuck that noise. Leave the ranch alone.

Second of all, her recipes include (not making this up): Ranch mixed with salsa, ranch mixed with pesto, ranch mixed with parmesan and bacon, and ranch mixed with barbeque sauce.

Sweetie, stirring things into other things is not cooking by any stretch of the imagination. If you think it is, you’ll want to purchase my new cookbook Microwave Magic! Making Things Hot That Were Cold wherein I make things that were formerly cold into things that are now hot. Old pizza, frozen broccoli, veggie burgers. There’s nothing I can’t cook!

6 comments:

R. Justin said...

No. 1: I love ranch. Rachel, you go girl!

No. 2: I would totally buy your cookbook.

No. 3: When Barack is elected president, I bet Food Network will start a show all about "soul food." Because TV execs are smart like that.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she'll turn viewers on to such novel ideas as dipping french fries in ranch, or will that be saved for the "Best of Rachel Ray" DVD?

Jacob said...

I think Rachel Ray is kinda hot, but I really hate hearing her talk. Way too many catchphrases. I mean if you're going to say EVOO Extra Virgin Olive oil every time, why not just drop the whole EVOO thing?

Jacob said...

r. justin: They premiered At Home with the Neely's back in February.

Mickey said...

Can I pre-order your cookbook?

indiie said...

My daughter works for Kohl's, where they sell Food Network merchandise. She tells me that there is a WAITING LIST to buy Rachel's "Garbage Bowl"- for about $30.

Its a BOWL, people. sheesh.