Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't taunt the cranes

Anyone remember this post o' mine?

I was joking because hahaha there's just no way this could happen twice. HAHA! Uh, yeah, turn on MSNBC. It crashed into the luxury building next door to me. 50 feet from my front door! 50 feet! My mom in Kentucky saw my apartment from News Chopper 4.

The whole building shook with such an epic force I thought there was no way it could be anything man-made. To be every clichéd witness ever: It sounded like an earthquake. The rumbling went on for maybe 15 seconds. The sirens started almost immediately after. I wondered what the hell fault line I lived on and where my nearest emergency shelter was. Do I own gauze? Should I flee with my own canned goods? Would I be asked to give blood? I DON'T LIKE GIVING BLOOD! IT MAKES ME QUEASY! DON'T TAKE MY BLOOD!

The front of the building is sheared off. The whole street is filled with ambulances now.

And yes, I’m sort of disgusted with myself that my first response was, “I’m so filled with angst I just gotta blog about it!”

P.S. There were two cranes and it was the white one, not the red that collapsed. They better fucking take that red one down. I'll try to post pictures when I'm allowed back in my building.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Holy crap! I'm glad you're OK!

Does your building have a fallout shelter in case of nuclear attack or something? Because I'd just set up camp there if I were you.

-R- said...

I'm glad you are ok. That is just bizarre and scary.

Jacob said...

Glad it wasn't your building. It's always easier to abstract injury, death, and loss of property when the people are no more real to me than characters on a TV show I don't watch.

But, really, the crane was after you. It wanted to make crane babies with you, but it has really bad depth perception and missed. Silly cranes.

Mickey said...

Nuts! I thought of you and your previous post on the subject when I saw that news item. Shit! It was you this time. See, don't go talking smack about the cranes- they'll come after you.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Thanks, y'all. After two days of wearing the same outfit, I'm back in my apartment and enjoying a street full of cute cops. Hello silver lining!