Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Who doesn't want to look like a member of the Johnson administration?


I'm trying to fight it, but it's coming to my attention that I'm the phoniest phoney that ever did phoney: I really, really want a pair of black-rimmed glasses. That's right, I want to kick it Weezer style. Or like a balding member of the Johnson administration cabinet. Or like every damn writer I know. How else are people going to know I write? Uh-huh. Gotcha.

The problem I'm running into is that I can only find the drugstore kind with sight-enhancing glass. Damn this perfect vision of mine! Damn you 20/20! Even I can't see the logic of wearing glasses that make your vision worse.

I think I need to just get a pair of joke disguise glasses and take the moustache off.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you can go to Pearl Vision or someplace and pick out frames, then tell them you don't need a prescription. I think you can find frames pretty cheap, too.

Mickey said...

But leave the nose on.

I have unimpaired vision as well. No one takes me seriously.

Jacob Bennett said...

I hate people who wear nonprescription glasses. It's like able-bodied people who use wheelchairs. Which happens more than you might think.

Tim, Hayli and Michael said...

Hey Kate, Hayli here. I'm a fan. Taylor pointed me in your direction. Go to Claire's - that's where I went in high school (no offense) when I thought that would be fun (before I started being required to wear glasses and realized they suck). Claire's had a cool pair, maybe they still do. Good luck and let us know how it goes and if people treat you differently!

Tim, Hayli and Michael said...

Kate! I was watching the Today show this morning (for research!) and Stacey London of "What Not To Wear" fame, said, "I think women should wear glasses as fashion accessories more often, don't you? It makes them look smarter and sexier." So I think you should go for it, at least for a day so you can blog about the reactions you get.

Courtney said...

Holy crap! Hi, Hayli! Come visit my blog!

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Hey Hayli! How are you? Thanks for the tip. I'll report back on what I find.