Monday, June 02, 2008

Oh really, Denise Richards, is your life complicated? IS IT?!?!?!


So, uh, how was your week last week?

That sounds nice.

Me? Weeeeeeeell, not the best. I like to keep things happy here at Postcards, but last week was truly the week Jesus himself took a crap on me.

It started off with a total and complete betrayal from one of my oldest friends, which ensures we'll never speak again. There was also a small matter with a crane nearly killing me in my sleep.

My sister pointed out that bad things come in threes. I was kinda hoping that the Sex and the City movie being sold out could be my third thing, but no.

My computer, my beloved little refurbished laptop, went to that Genius Bar in the sky.

Steve at the Apple store: Uh...hmmmm...uh-huh.

Me: Oh no! Talk to me Steve; you're just making sounds.

Steve at the Apple store: Um, it's your logic board.

Me: That does not sound promising.

Steve at the Apple store: It's what we like to call a "vintage computer," which means Apple doesn't make the part anymore. So what you'll have to do is go online and research getting the proper logic board for this model, then find a repuitable person to install it prop -

Me: I'm gonna stop you right there, Steve. I'm not going to be doing any of that.

I've never been so happy to see Monday morning come so I could put last week behind me. I usually go by the rule of thumb that the worse you feel the better you should try to look. (I guess so people can say, "What a cute skirt!" instead of, "Why are your eyes all puffed shut?") I looked in my closet and didn't have anything fancy enough to fix my bleak mood.

If I did, I'd be blogging in a prom dress right now.

4 comments:

Untrainable said...

Other than sleeping with your BF, isn't everything else "deal-able"?

What's the ultimate betrayal? I don't have any friends, so I can't imagine what would make me stop talking to them. -grin-

miketheman said...

Sounds like that ol' Mac vs PC battle, rearing it's head again.
"Vintage computer", my hind end.
And you really shouldn't taunt heavy machinery. Cranes have feelings, too.

Courtney said...

Sorry, Kate. Maybe your friend will repent and make it up to you by buying you a new laptop? That sure would be nice.

Sorry about your shitty week. On the plus side, at least the crane didn't actually kill you in your sleep.

Mickey said...

But the crane didn't kill you, so maybe that was actually a GOOD thing...by which logic you'd still be waiting on the third bad thing. So let's call it three and done.

Better luck this week, Kate.