Friday, April 25, 2008

Amelia Bedelia works at Pinkberry?



At the risk of turning this blog into Postcards of Things I Ate Yesterday, I gotta talk about Pinkberry frozen yogurt.

Ever think to yourself, "I'm enjoying my fro yo experience, but I think I'd like it more if I could eat it in a $330 Philippe Starck Victoria Ghost Chair, available for purchase at Design Within Reach or any other major modern design store near you." ?

Yeah, me too. But there it was.

I finally caved to my curiosity after almost a year of seeing Columbia kids thunk on by with their flip-flops, American Apparel leggings, too-loud sentences that all seem to end with question marks and little Pinkberry cups. Plus Pinkberry settled their lawsuit this week for saying they had "all natural" ingredients. That sealed the deal. Preservatives and artificial flavorings? Sign me up.

The verdict? It tastes like frozen yogurt. I mean it literally tastes like yogurt that's been frozen, as though you asked someone who doesn't speak English as a first language to make you frozen yogurt and he translates it literally. Or Amelia Bedelia. I mean, she was the one who makes sponge cake by mixing the cake batter with real sponge.

That maid took things literally, man.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

I have a friend who has the same name as that author, but I think she spells her last name with two r's. Plus, I remember reading that book when I was very little and she's only been a Parrish for the past 8 years.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Ask her if she were a teacher if she'd call roll by actually taking a roll out of a lunchbox and calling it? That should be a clue.

Mickey said...

I remember being disappointed with my first TCBY experience upon finding out it really just tasted like soft serve. I guess I wanted something more exotic.