Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's gonna be a great movie


One thing I miss about being a reporter and copy editor is the insane crap I’d Google daily for stories. How to strangle someone, top 10 worst Mexican stereotypes, what are some positive things Hitler did, what state has the lowest age of consent, what are Magic Johnson’s kids’ names and where do they go to school.

And so on and so forth. There are days I’d be typing it in to Google and await the government's/Dateline's arrival.

That worry’s been given a rest for a while, until yesterday. I’m working on a short movie script for a friend of mine and I’m praying my computer makes it through the project without having to go to the Apple Genius Bar.

So far, I’ve searched:

STDs
STD tests
STD, waiting period to get tests back
Being sexually active with an STD
Calling partners to tell them you have an STD
STD horror stories
Herpes
How contagious is herpes?
How contagious are herpes?
Herpes itch?
Clamitia
Chalmita
Chalmidia
Chlamydia!
The happy people in the Valtrex ads
Having sex with herpes
Crabs
How do you kill crabs?
Can you see crabs?



It’s gonna be a comedy!

5 comments:

Untrainable said...

Okay, I was originally going to send you this. Because, frankly, who doesn't need a shoulder to cry on that isn't attached to a hand that is holding a remote control: http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&ITEM=AU0252&websource=findgift&keyword=AU0252&source_code=W02FG1

However, considering your topic, I think you should see this: http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/venereals/

Until *just* now I had no idea who would need these. Apparently the answer is YOU. You, miss, writing-a-hilarious-screenplay-about-social-diseases.

You're welcome.

Untrainable said...

Okay, bad link. Try this: http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_Boyfriend-Arm-Pillow_AU0252_ps_srm.html

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Hmmmm....$20 does seem like a reasonable price to pay for a detached arm. I love the related item at the bottom is a "through God all things are possible" bracelet. You'll get that boyfriend! With God's help!

Jacob said...

I'm really hoping I get to see the movie that is the result of those google searches.

And please tell me you work the different attempts at spelling chlamydia into your script.

Mickey said...

STDs are hilarious!!

I see Ashton Kutcher starring, but only because I wish he had a wicked case of the clap.