Monday, July 07, 2008

Please leave and take the two Coreys with you


A vignette from last week

Me: Did you know it’s Canada Day? That’s so cute. You get a whole little day for yourselves.

Canadian friend: It sucks. Black people get a whole month.

Me: You’re too polite to take a day in February.

CF: Once you go black you never go back.

Me: Once you go Canadian, you never go gay again?

CF: Ever hear people sometimes call black people “Canadians” as code?

Me: You know, I tend to get along well with black people and I hate and stereotype
Canadians.

CF: Really?

Me:. I realized not long ago I hate everyone I know from Canada.

CF: You’re so racist.

Me: Canadians aren’t a race. They’re just the generic store brand to America’s Coca Cola and Oscar Meyer.

CF: Nice.

Me: I’ll put a boot in their ass. It’s the American way. Or, as the Canadians would say, “I’ll tap you with my loafer, if that’s not too bothersome, eh?”

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I kept waiting for the "eh" part. I'm glad I got it.

Tracy said...

Ouch! I love all my Canadians! It's beautiful country...I can 'understand' some of your vent though. ;)

Christopher Moloney said...

I have serious doubts that you actually have a Canadian friend!

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

SM: Glad I didn't disappoint.

Tracy: No. You're wrong.

Chris: You're right. "Friend" is overstating it.

Tracy said...

Ha!