Friday, October 03, 2008

Mother. Moose-hunter. Maverick. My God she scares me.


So...Sarah Palin, huh America? She's your Crystal Pepsi Great Idea of the Year™?

She won that debate last night because she didn't strip down to a bathing suit and start twirling a baton? Even though her debate style is Mad-Libs-like in its fill-in-the-blank-with-whatever-buzzword quality? U-S-A! U-S-A! A-L-A-S-K-A!

Gwen Ifill: Governor Palin, John McCain has made domestic drilling a cornerstone of his campaign, yet that will only provide a fraction of oil needed and none of that oil will be available for 10 years. How do you account for that?

Gov. Palin: Gee shucks golly Gwen, when's the talent portion?

GI: You do realize you're in a debate, not a beauty pageant, correct?

SP: You know what? I brought my flute just in case. I'm a-gonna play you a lil' tune I play for my baby with special needs.

Launches into You're a Grand Old Flag.

GI: You still have 20 seconds governor. Care to elaborate?

Palin shoots a moose that's wandered onto the stage.

GI: Senator Biden, you have 90 seconds for a rebuttal.

Palin winks at the camera, like Bugs Bunny at the end of a cartoon.


And if you had any doubt that when she does make a full sentence, people who've been speaking English their whole lives have trouble following it, here's a good, old-fashioned sentence diagram from an interview: (Click to enlarge.)

4 comments:

R. Justin said...

You might also like this, the Sarah Palin debate-prep flow chart!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you can still diagram sentences.

You should be VP. Or even P!

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

R - Thanks, I love that!


SM - I wish I could take credit for that, but I found it online. That said, I'm impressed ANYONE could diagram that.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I'd vote for Tina Fey before I'd vote for Sarah Palin. I don't understand what people see in her.