Friday, December 15, 2006

This just in: Earth revolves around sun. Roommate still crazy.


Because people have been begging (begging!) for crazy roommate Monica updates, here ya go.

Things were going smoothly. I had my mold-catastrophe Thanksgiving (How many walls did your bedroom have over the holiday weekend? Because if it's more than three, you have me beat.) Monica seemed to express the proper human emotions for the situation, i.e. saying, "Oh that sucks" and the like. In what will probably be her finest hour as a roommate, she even helped me bring all my stuff back in to my newly spackled room. I thought, "Well maybe she's just socially retarded at first. I guess she’s coming around."

Ha.

I don't see much of her (owing to the fact that I avoid her at all costs) so there was nothing to report after that. Until last night.

I had told her I was putting together a Goodwill box of clothes and that she should feel free to add to it. Apparently to her that meant she should feel free to add my laundry to the box. That's right. She went through my laundry bag (which had a detergent bottle on top, so there was really no doubt it wasn't to be donated) and randomly selected some of my shirts, pants and a small area rug to give to the poor and/or thrifty.

Nice to see you're still sticking with the crazy theme, Mon.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm laughing because I've had a similar experience. Laundry thieves in one form or another seem to infiltrate the planet.

Untrainable said...

OMG. Who raises someone to think like that?

Keith said...

Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to have a perfectly sane roommate.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks guys.

Sarah Rae said...

I'm completely enjoying this. thanks.

(p.s. I hear we are spending a few hours in the car together on dec 31... I look forward to more crazy roommate stories.)