Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Early contender for 2007 day of the year


It might be early into the dawn of 2007, but I’m calling it right now that the second day of the year might be my greatest.

If my office's tech support guy starts drinking, I'll happily foot the rehab bill, because everyone knows it'll be my fault. Two minutes after sitting down at my desk, I called him with a note of panic in my voice that someone had changed my computer password. ("Jeter", if you’d like to hack in).

The caps lock was on.

It wasn't even two weeks ago that I gave him a Christmas card thanking him for his patience last year. I'll be baking cookies this year.

Then I was sitting down with my customary p.m. coffee (Colombian Dark Magic “The sexiest coffee money can buy”) and spilled it all over my desk, keyboard, notes and stack of magazines to be submitted for awards. There is a God though, because my Onion headline-a-day calendar was spared. I had to switch keyboards because my main one was typing thusly:

2007wllbethebetyearever!

Stay tuned tomorrow for "Gooooooal! 12 resolutions for 12 months"

7 comments:

Keith said...

Nobody gets it right the first day back from New Years...

I dropped my phone in a toilet.

Red said...

Your computer is guaranteed to crash if your password is Jeter.

Come into the light, Kate! It's not too late for you!

steve said...

I am a tech support guy, and you weren't the only one with password problems today. I got about ten times the usual number of calls from peeps who forgot over our huge 3 day New Years weekend.

I blame alcohol.

Unknown said...

So much greatness, so early in the year.

Red said...

I'm not too pissed about Nomah. We traded him in 04 and that wasn't such a bad season, if I remember correctly.

What sucked was when JP Licks had to take "Cherry Garciaparra" off its ice cream menu.

Jacob Bennett said...

Mine is "futuredwight."

Jacob Bennett said...

I might use that as a fantasy football team name next season.

Or, baseball's coming up.