Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I too had a dream

I almost never remember my dreams, but (presumably in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day) I had a memorable one the other night.

I was baby-sitting for Calvin and Hobbes. They weren’t cartoons or real, they were that weird CGI “Toy Story” kind of thing. (I don’t think I was Rosalyn, but I’m not sure.)

I found out Calvin was autistic. As soon as his mom told me, I was like, "Oh it all makes sense now. The Transmogrifier, complex abstract thought, tiger fixation, trouble socializing with Susie Derkins."

Wait, am I Dr. MLK Jr.? I might be. That would explain some things, like why you never see the two of us in the same place at the same time.

2 comments:

Red said...

Good call, but I'm not sure if diagnosing Calvin makes you MLK Jr. so much as a kiddie neurologist. Which means you have my fantasy job and you'll totally want to help me build the model brain I got for Christmas!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome dream! I love Calvin and Hobbes but I've never had the pleasure of dreaming about them.