Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What the hell is wrong with me? Vol. 2 (James Blunt edition)*


*Bring on the lawsuit, Jacob.


Welcome to my nightmare.

Know how everyone is all like “Why doesn’t MTV ever play music?” Look, I’m as enraged as everyone by Spencer and the scary plastic face he’s got going on, but I don’t need more music videos in my life. Why? Because this was my day after hearing the James Blunt song “1973” or as I venture to guess the original title was, “Beautiful 1973.”

It’s been not just a pleasant soundtrack in my head, it’s been getting in the way of me functioning.

Bus driver: Good morning.
Me: …Wish I was sober, so I could see clearly now, the rain has gone.
Bus driver: It’s 9 a.m. I’m not sober either.

Friend: Hey, Kate, wanna meet up for dinner later?
Me: Simona, You're getting older. Your journey's been etched on your skin.
Friend: Excuse me? You’ll have crow’s feet too someday.

Grocery store girl: Here’s your change, miss.
Me: … And we sang, "Here we go again". And though time goes by I will always be in a club with you in 1973 Singing, "Here we go again."
GSG: Do I know you?

James Blunt, you and your falsetto are ruining my life. And I don't even need to go into the logic of you being like a fetus in 1973.

1 comment:

Red said...

You're beautiful. It's true.

Also, I actually wish there was a 24 hour Spencercam, but that may just be me.