Friday, October 05, 2007

What the hell is wrong with me? Vol. 1

Time for my new favorite game: What the hell is wrong with me?

In future issues, we’ll examine why other people drinking tea makes me so angry, why I suspect I might have weekend diabetes, why I sometimes wake up with curly hair, and why I think things are purpleish when everyone else in the room says it’s blue or pink.

But first, let’s tackle why I constantly think my phone is ringing. I probably reach for it 20 times a day because I think I hear those first few “dee DE dodolee deee” trilling out of it. But, just like in a horror movie, nobody’s there. (I guess, strictly speaking, in a horror movie, the caller would be inside my purse, but there’s no time for logic when I have problems like this going on.)

It’s not tinnitus because it’s not constant. It strikes when a note similar to the first “dee” of my ringtone is struck somewhere in the vicinity. From experience, I’ve learned these include most, if not all, songs; children’s tiny voices; laughter; espresso machines; horns and squealing breaks.

Next time we’ll tackle why I could watch people push on “pull” doors (and vice versa) all day.

3 comments:

Max Silvestri said...

Fauxcellarm.

Jacob said...

I actually already posted to my own blog with this title. Expect to be hearing from a sweating, overweight lawyer with a Southern drawl (and worse, a real one, not that fake ass Hollywood version) about a potential lawsuit soon.

As for the phantom rings, maybe you have the auditory version of "phantom vibration syndrome". Sorry for the link to USA Today. I realize it's the newspaper for people who should just be watching reality television, but I couldn't find the BBC article that I read about this last week.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

Max, bonus points for a punny link.

Jacob, bring it on, you and your Foghorn Leghorn lawyer.